The United Nations and Human Rights
The course introduces students to the UN human rights system and discusses human rights law, policy and practice in the United Nations. Students will learn about the UN human rights system, standards and procedures for supervising human rights, and the law, politics and practice of global human rights. Students will gain competance in analysing cases and case law.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
- UN human rights treaties and treaty bodies,
- UN Human Rights Council and Special Procedures,
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights,
- Mainstreaming human rights in UN agencies, funds and programmes,
- Security Council and human rights,
- International Court of Justice and human rights,
- International criminal law and human rights.
- Discussion of cases and case studies.
Registration: Via Uni Graz Online
Kontaktao. Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Gerd Oberleitner
Sprechstunde Dienstag, 10.00-11.00 Uhr, oder nach Vereinbarung.